Friday, November 23, 2018

Studio Work In Progress

Talking to myself
https://www.instagram.com/studioworkinprogress


Finally came up with a solution to Grace and Faith triptych with the pieces of torn watercolor / ink I did at Bella’s several months ago that I had used most of on ‘Excitement’ triptych.

Grace and Faith
diptych_mixed media collage


Seemed appropriate that I would use work I made at Bella's since she critiqued this piece.

As I was pasting on the pieces, the ink on the board smeared onto the waxed paper I was using the roller on, creating a monoprint! So I decided to use a pencil drawing I did on vellum as a substraight to print on when I rolled the other pieces of glued torn watercolor to the piece. WahLah! I picked up enough color onto the vellum to make it look purposeful.

Then I ran across the studio to the newspaper I had ready to go and started to paste the vellum onto the the article.

Since I had the brush with the acrylic medium on it, I decided what better time to put colors on the glass pallet and give it a try! So I did. Primary colors and the medium I had been using, Soft gel semi-gloss.

It was all very spontaneous and I was getting results I liked as I progressed.

I worked it so hard I knocked the board the newspaper was gorilla clipped to behind the shelf I use to work on. I caught it and kept going.

Newsprint it pretty lightweight substrate for the beating I was giving it so I found the board I had been doing my tests on and slathered it with the medium and carefully layer the art on top the way I wanted it. It was going good. I covered it and rolled it down, creating wrinkles in the paper. I liked that too.

Medium was squeezing out the back. Because the medium had picked up the color from the paint, I smeared it on to the artwork where there was no color yet. Good.

I let it sit for a bit then ripped the excess paper off the board and repurposed some of the text and the border, along with the ripped vellum. Done!


Follow my progress on Instagram
Username: studioworkinprogress 

https://www.instagram.com/studioworkinprogress

No comments:

Post a Comment