Saturday, November 24, 2018

Artist Statement

@studioworkinprogress

Kallagraphic Not Precious Protest Series
Mixed Media Collage Series Fall 2018

Re-Creation
Recycled
Repurposed
            
I like the results I am producing
I like looking at my new work
Historical work too

Sometimes I hit a wall
I’m stubborn I get around it
Then I am excited again

The anxiety seems distance
And I want to share my art
If I can squeeze sharing within

Pleasure and excitement before
Insecurity and judgement take me out
And lay me low again



Five years plus into my return to the world of fine art, drawing and painting have left me with file drawers full of work on paper. Five plus years of hiking, files of maps. Photographs, and digital art archive. Writing and poetry as well.

Surrounded with new nurturing relationships, my partnership with Joel, a few older precious friendships, my ‘nuclear’ family, a unique life palette is emerging.


No comments:

Post a Comment