Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Paradise in Oakland

Original Photos, Digital Art, Film Transfer, 
Mixed Media Collage on Plexi

This is not a photo of the finished art but the art before creating the transfer. 
I've taken pictures of all my art as I create, and as my work gets more complicated the finished piece is more difficult to capture with a camera.

Contact me to see the diptych, the best way to view it.



'Paradise In Oakland' is a photo, from Oakland, of the hazardous air from the Camp Fire , 170 miles north of Oakland. 

Friends that barely survived that inferno with their lives and dogs, losing their home, and their town of Paradise, took a photo during their escape. I collaged Margaret's photo with one of my photos of the smoky sky looking west out our bedroom window, digitally painted, printed then made the film transfer.

1 comment:

  1. This is fascinating! Maybe one day I can watch you do this process. Can you email the triptych?

    ReplyDelete