Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Fall 2015_9/9_figure drawing

I gotta be me
I take classes to learn and practice, not to be perfect. I sighed up for both drawing and watercolor to push me into new seeing and techniques, to deepen the skills I have and explore new dimensions.

Today is one of those days that can both be deeply frustrating and satisfying, finding ways to push thru the challenge of doing something that is a weakness, being dissatisfied, breaking the rules, then coming back to what my strength is, hopefully enriched and not resistant.

Because there is a syllabus I start with the assignment, today, cross contour line rendering. (I can do contour and blind contour just fine.) This is what I need to do and am most challenged at, but I have found a way to explore the assignment, because Sheila has offered so many examples of expressive line to accomplish this. When I move away from the expressive it looks so contrived and weird to me that I cannot put ore than a few samples of it here.

What I posted are my solutions to the time allotted to drawing a fabulous model, not for the 'landmarks' but the beautiful poses. Sometimes it was hard to find my way when I was trying to be precise. As an alternative* I drew left handed and put the charcoal on its side for a big bold wide mark.

cross contour line rendering: 10, 1 minute poses 
I missed the first pose trying to figure out what to do. Satisfied with this...


Ack! Attempt at cross contour line rendering. 

salvaged a few lines in this forced attempt

Used white to distract from the contour mark making

LET LOOSE!

Try again...

my way


No comments:

Post a Comment